Gorman Nature Center
Saturday, April 27th:
- Early Morning Nature Hike with Steve McKee 8am. Enjoy an early morning hike at Gorman Nature Center to see the changes spring brings in Richland County.
- Six-legged Springtime with Merrill Tawse 10am-12pm. Learn the “insect basics” that have resulted in insects being one of the most diverse and successful groups of organisms on earth. There will be a hike to explore the trails of the Nature Center with nets to catch and identify some of the insects found in our area at this time of year (weather permitting for the hike).
- In Search of Dragonflies & Damselflies 12pm. Join Judy Semroc and Larry Rosche in a search to discover the species of dragonflies and damselflies that grow to adulthood in the Gorman Nature Center’s wetland areas.
- Hands-on Animals 2pm-4pm. Gorman Volunteers. Enjoy the experience of touching, holding, and learning about some of our resident reptiles and amphibians. This program is enjoyed by all ages.
- Gorman Nature Center grounds are open dawn to dusk year-round. There are picnic tables (with grills at some locations), a picnic shelter (seats 25-30; first come, first served), and miles of trails through many habitats, meadow, forest, prairie and streams.