Mohican Outdoor School
5370 Bunker Hill Road
Butler, OH 44822
Friday, April 28:
- Welcome Reception 6pm-7pm. Information tables, free handouts, seeds and raffle prizes.
- Keynote Speaker 7pm-8pm. Denise Ellsworth, Program Director, Ohio State Department of Entomology. Topic: “The Power of Pollinators”. Why pollinators matter, who they are, and how to protect them. One in every three bites of food we take can be tracked back to animal pollinators. Who are these vital creatures, what exactly do they do, and how are they threatened across the globe?
- Campfire Songs 8:30pm. Songs, campfire, stories and s’mores provided. Pavilion. In case of inclement weather, the campfire will be held inside Groveport Lodge.
- Overnight accommodations are available Friday and Saturday nights ($20/night for adults; $10/night for children). Continental breakfast is available for an additional charge of $5 per person.
Saturday, April 29
- Queen Bee Puppetry 10am. Bring your children to see this professional puppet show. All children will have the opportunity to make a pollinator puppet.
- Intro to Square Foot Gardening 1pm. This program intended for adults.
- Pollinator Gardening for Kids 1pm. Children will learn about pollinators and make a starter garden.
- Wildflower Hike 3pm.
- All Saturday activities take place at the Environmental Learning Center in Groveport Lodge. Visitors may use the Dining Room as a picnic area for packed lunches.
Sunday, April 30:
1. Hemlock Falls Hike 1pm. Take a hike along the historic and scenic Hemlock Falls trail and learn about its unique natural history and folklore. This hike has sections of trail with rugged, rocky terrain and may not be suitable for the very young or those with physical limitations. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Meet at Hemlock Falls Center porch.
For event updates and alerts, text MOHICANWILD to 888777 (standard messaging rates apply).